21 August 2026
Manchester United are set to add further depth in midfield after already bringing in Andrey Santos and Youri Tielemans.
According to Fabrizio Romano, the two clubs have reached a verbal agreement over a deal worth £65 million, with a further £5 million included in add-ons.
The Cameroon international has also been given permission by Brighton to undergo a medical this weekend, although an ankle injury is expected to delay his Manchester United debut by at least a few weeks.
If there are no problems during the medical, Baleba will become Michael Carrick’s fourth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Andrey Santos, Youri Tielemans and Karl Darlow.
That said, while speaking at United’s pre-Hull press conference on Thursday, Carrick was asked about the club’s transfer plans beyond the Baleba move.
After allowing Tyrell Malacia to leave on a free transfer and failing to make progress in a deal for Newcastle’s Lewis Hall, signing a left-back is expected to be United’s main priority between now and Deadline Day.
Carrick said: “I just think we’re looking to strengthen the squad. We’re certainly working towards that, making the most of the situation that we have and trying to improve things and trying to move forward.
“You know, I said the same thing to you last time. So, yeah, certainly trying to make the most of the opportunities to finish the window stronger than we went into it.
“And I think we’re a good way to doing that, so far.”
-
Liverpool making little headway in bid to sign €70m-rated PSG winger Ibrahim Mbaye

-
Manchester United seal Carlos Baleba deal as Fabrizio Romano gives his ‘Here We Go’ confirmation

-
FIR against Dipke for ‘entering govt school sans permission’

-
BCI co-chair seeks Mishra’s exit, alleges Rs 150 cr fund diversion

-
DMK's Big Overhaul After Poll Setback: Stalin Brings Age Caps And 2-Term Limit
