New Delhi: An advisory regarding the Ebola virus has been issued at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport for passengers arriving from countries reporting Ebola cases including the Democratic Republic of the Congo, South Sudan, and Uganda.
As per the advisory issued by the Directorate General Of Health Services (DGHS) under the Union Health Ministry, travellers experiencing symptoms such as fever, headache, muscle pain, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, or unusual bleeding have been urged to immediately contact the airport's health desk.
Passenger Advisory issued at 10:55 hrs.#DelhiAirport #PassengerAdvisory #DELAdvisory@CISFHQrs @BOIndiaOfficial @MoCA_GoI @PIBHomeAffairs @LPAI_Official @shipmin_india @MoHFW_INDIA @BcasHq pic.twitter.com/XWHlr0wjFO
— Delhi Airport (@DelhiAirport) May 21, 2026
Additionally, individuals who suspect they have been exposed to the blood or bodily fluids of an infected person are advised to report to health authorities before clearing immigration.
“The health department also stated that if such symptoms develop within 21 days of travel, passengers should seek immediate medical assistance and share their travel history. Travellers have also been requested to cooperate with health screenings and safety measures at the airport,” it added.
#WATCH | Bengaluru, Karnataka | On Ebola outbreak in DR Congo, Dr Rakesh Mishra, Director, Tata Institute for Genetics and Society, says, "So far, there is no approved therapy for this strain of Ebola virus. Hence, it is a matter of concern. The focus should be on prevention.… pic.twitter.com/osebWF3xvo
— ANI (@ANI) May 19, 2026
Ebola cases in India?
While the Centre emphasizes that India has reported no Ebola cases and the current risk remains minimal, surveillance and preparedness have been heightened following the World Health Organization's declaration of the Central African outbreak as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).
Senior officials from the Health Ministry, alongside teams from the NCDC, IDSP, and ICMR, reviewed the evolving situation regarding the Bundibugyo Ebola virus strain in Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
#WATCH | Bengaluru, Karnataka | On Ebola virus disease, Dr Rakesh Mishra, Director, Tata Institute for Genetics and Society, says, "There is absolutely no reason to panic. This is not like the COVID-19 pandemic at all. Awareness, monitoring and surveillance are also important.… pic.twitter.com/UvAucE5r8r
— ANI (@ANI) May 19, 2026
132 deaths in DR Congo, Uganda due to Ebola outbreak: WHO
World Health Organisation (WHO) on Wednesday noted that a total of 528 suspected cases, including 132 deaths, have been reported due to the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda as of May 18.
A total of 668 contacts were identified, including 541 in DR Congo and 127 in Uganda. The contact follow-up remained challenging in some areas of DRC due to insecurity and movement restrictions, WHO said.
The United Nations' health agency had declared the Ebola outbreak caused by the Bundibugyo virus a public health emergency of international concern.
Meanwhile, the Health Ministry in India is also closely monitoring the outbreak of Ebola disease in parts of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda, sources in the ministry have informed.
Senior officials of the Ministry, including officials from the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP), ICMR and other concerned divisions, have reviewed the evolving situation and initiated precautionary public health measures.
-
In Bengal: 12 Days of the ‘Shubhendu Government’ and 9 Major Decisions CAA Implemented, ‘Vande Mataram’ Made Mandatory in Madrasas. 12 days and 9 major decisions of Shubhendu government in Bengal, CAA implemented, Vande Mataram mandatory in madrassas – ..

-
Kausar, Munmun, Rabika and Tsering conquered Everest, sang ‘Vande Mataram’

-
Elections announced for 24 Rajya Sabha seats in 10 states, voting will be held on June 18

-
Delay in government work cannot be tolerated… PM Modi bluntly tells ministers in Council of Ministers meeting

-
‘America has control over the Strait of Hormuz’, Trump gave strict warning to Iran, said – will not allow uranium to be kept
