Tottenham Hotspur are making progress in their attempt to sign Manchester City forwards Savinho and Omar Marmoush.
Tottenham Hotspur are moving forward in negotiations to bring in Manchester City attackers Savinho and Omar Marmoush. Manager Roberto De Zerbi is eager to strengthen his attacking options with both players, even though the club have already invested heavily during the summer transfer window. A deal for the pair would give the squad major added depth and would round off what has already been an extremely active window for the ambitious north London side.
Advancing talks with Manchester City
According to The Athletic, Tottenham are working on an agreement to sign both Savinho and Marmoush from Manchester City. Nothing has been completed so far, but talks between the two Premier League clubs are said to be progressing positively. Spurs had tried to sign Savinho last summer, but City were not prepared to let the Brazilian leave at that stage. However, Savinho was left out of the squad for Sunday’s 3-0 Community Shield defeat to Arsenal. At the same time, Marmoush has also been viewed as a likely departure from City in this transfer window after operating as cover for Erling Haaland.
Massive summer outlay for Spurs
If Tottenham manage to land Savinho and Marmoush, it would add to what has already been a remarkably busy summer for the club. Spurs have already spent a combined £229.5 million on Sandro Tonali, Mateus Fernandes and Jan Paul van Hecke. In addition to those major signings, Tottenham have also brought in Marcos Senesi, Andy Robertson and Martin Dubravka on free transfers. In spite of this record spending, the club are still in line with financial regulations. A large part of that financial muscle has come from a strategic change by majority owners ENIC, who are now injecting funds into the club, along with profitable player sales such as Luka Vuskovic’s move to Brighton for a guaranteed £46m.
Delivering on a transfer promise
Earlier this month, De Zerbi said Spurs were preparing a surprise “bomba” signing. Tottenham are in urgent need of more strength in attack, with Richarlison having only one year left on his contract and Dominic Solanke having struggled with injuries.
Marmoush scored 15 goals in 17 matches during the final half of his season at Eintracht Frankfurt before joining City, and Tottenham will be hoping he can reproduce that form in north London. Signing both attackers would give De Zerbi the firepower he needs, strengthen Tottenham’s position as top-four challengers and deliver on the manager’s bold promise to the fans.
What is next for Tottenham?
Spurs will now turn their attention to getting the deals with Manchester City over the line before the transfer window shuts. If Tottenham are able to complete the signings of both attackers, De Zerbi would have one of the strongest forward lines in the Premier League. Supporters will now wait keenly to find out whether these additions can drive the team towards a top-four finish this season.
-
What next for Marcus Rashford? Manchester United forward makes a telling No. 10 call after Old Trafford return

-
Rajasthan: Dalit journalist attacked, abused while on duty

-
UGC equity regulations 2026 under reconsideration: Centre to SC

-
When Govinda said ‘I have second marriage in my kundali’

-
'IPL Generation' Excelling In Tests Is A Mystery, Says Sanjay Manjrekar
