Manchester United’s chase for Club Brugge left-back Joaquin Seys appears to have received an encouraging boost. The Red Devils have still not added another player to their senior squad since confirming the arrival of Youri Tielemans in mid-July.
The Premier League heavyweights have largely focused on midfield reinforcements after Casemiro left as a free agent at the end of last season. Matters have become even more urgent for INEOS after Manuel Ugarte suffered an ACL injury during the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
United have already reacted by bringing in Tielemans and Andrey Santos, while also bolstering their goalkeeping unit with the signing of Karl Darlow. Even though they continue to be linked with more midfield additions, other positions are also part of INEOS’ plans.
The Red Devils could use greater cover for Luke Shaw, who is now in the final year of his contract and is also past 30. A recent report stated that the English club have identified Seys as one of the options for that role.
Seys came through the ranks at Club Brugge before stepping into the reserve side in 2022. Two years later, he earned a place in the first-team squad and has not looked back since then.
The 21-year-old fits the age profile preferred by INEOS, who are aiming to build a younger core at the Theatre of Dreams. Seys’ pace, athleticism and technical quality make him an ideal long-term successor to Shaw at Old Trafford.
Last season, the Belgian produced five goals and eight assists in 55 appearances across all competitions for Club Brugge.
Seys is also comfortable playing on the right flank, which makes him an attractive option for Michael Carrick. With interest in signing him continuing to grow, Club Brugge manager Ivan Leko has now spoken about the player’s future.
Speaking recently, Leko said the increasing links between Seys and top clubs make him proud. He said: “I’m proud that my guys are being linked to those clubs. We chat about it every now and then.”
“How much of those rumours is true? I don’t know. But we all have eyes in our heads: their potential is incredible. On the other hand, they remain consummate professionals and are happy here. The focus is entirely on OHL.”
Earlier reports have indicated that Seys could be available for £30 million. Leko then suggested that the Belgian club may struggle to turn down the right proposal for one of their prized players, adding: “If there’s a lot of money on the table, it’s obviously not easy to say no.”
“The board’s aim is still to build a team that’s even better than last season. The right time to leave will come. Tzolis has proved that. Let’s hope they’re all still here in September.”
United are also continuing to monitor Newcastle United’s Lewis Hall, whose Premier League experience makes him an appealing option for INEOS. However, with the Magpies unlikely to sanction the Englishman’s departure, the Red Devils may need to move for Seys before another club does.
-
Rashtrapati Bhavan Announces Public Opening Of Amrit Udyan From August 16

-
David Warner Convicted In Drink-Driving Case, Fined AUD 1,500 As Sydney Thunder Captaincy Hangs In Doubt

-
Bihar Board Exam 2027: BSEB Opens Special Five-Day Registration Window Till August 22 At secondary.biharboardonline.org; Check Details Here

-
NEET UG Counselling 2026: MCC Extends Round 1 Choice Filling Till 11:59 PM Today At mcc.nic.in; Choice Locking Underway

-
'We Are On It...': Zoya Akhtar Hints At Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara Sequel; Reveals She Got 'Abused' In DMs
