Qatar has denied Iran's claim that it detained three Iranian pilots whose fighter jets were shot down in March, calling the allegation misleading. Doha said the aircraft had violated Qatari airspace and that search-and-rescue teams later recovered the remains of one pilot. Iran maintains that three pilots were captured and a fourth was killed.
Doha, Aug 16: Qatar denied claims that it had detained Iranian pilots, describing them as misleading amid ongoing diplomatic efforts aimed at de-escalating regional tensions.
"We categorically deny the claims circulating regarding the detention of Iranian pilots and are surprised by these misleading statements at this particular time," Qatari Foreign Ministry spokesperson Majed Al Ansari said in a post on social media platform X.
Qatar details airspace violation
Al Ansari said contact had been established with the pilots concerned after they violated Qatari airspace and authorities confirmed the trajectory of the targeting, Xinhua news agency reported.
-
Title race, survival scrap, global superstar control: One pre-season aim for every Premier League club

-
Dhruv Jurel breaks seven-innings fifty drought, says 'there was honestly no pressure'

-
Libra Horoscope Today, August 17, 2026: Avoid Overenthusiasm in Love Relationships, Respect Your Close Ones

-
Pisces Horoscope Today, August 17, 2026: Will Respect Elders, Important Information May Be Received

-
Search continues in Indonesia as 53 die in earthquake
