India has advised its citizens to avoid non-essential travel to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda and South Sudan following an Ebola outbreak caused by the Bundibugyo virus strain. The WHO has declared the situation a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. India has reported no Ebola cases so far but urged travellers in affected regions to follow local health guidelines.
New Delhi: The government on Sunday advised Indian citizens, currently residing in or travelling to Congo, Uganda and South Sudan, to strictly follow public health guidance issued by local authorities and maintain heightened precautions, in light of the reported outbreak of Ebola disease in these countries.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the situation to be a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).
“In view of the evolving situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and other affected countries, and in line with WHO’s recommendations, Government of India advises all Indian citizens to avoid non-essential travel to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda and South Sudan until further notice,” Health Ministry said in an advisory.
India has not reported any case of Ebola Disease caused by the Bundibugyo virus strain, the ministry added.
-
Pakistan says Trump-led call with regional leaders helped achieve ‘meaningful progress’ in U.S.-Iran talks

-
Iran rejects Rubio's claims, blames US sanctions for global energy crisis

-
Cement makers expect 7-8% growth in FY27 despite West Asia headwinds

-
Jaishankar stresses ‘Make in India’ focus in expanding defence ties with US

-
BCCI, foreign boards need to align better on players' availability through IPL: Mohit Burman
