The ongoing military conflict between America and Iran has now reached a very interesting and complex turn. Gulf countries have completely rejected a big claim made by US President Donald Trump about stopping attacks on Iran. Trump had claimed that at the request of major countries of the Gulf region, he has postponed new air strikes on Iran for the time being. But now top officials of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and United Arab Emirates (UAE) have made very shocking revelations, defusing Trump’s claim, which is bringing shame to Washington at the international level.
Trump’s claim – America was just an hour away from the attack, Gulf countries said – we did not even know!
In fact, US President Donald Trump made a sensational announcement on Monday saying that he has postponed the new military action planned against Iran at the last moment. According to Trump, the top leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE had personally contacted him and urged him to stop Tuesday’s attack while appealing to give diplomatic efforts another chance. Speaking to reporters at the White House on Tuesday, Trump even said that he was just an hour away from approving the bombing of Iran, but changed his decision. Trump said threateningly that this attack is not postponed, I am just talking about two or three days, it could probably happen on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or early next week. Trump boasted that America will never allow Iran to become a nuclear nation and now Iranian leaders are ‘begging’ him for a deal.
But a big question mark was raised on this entire statement of the US President when senior officials of the Gulf countries, while talking to the American media outlet ‘Wall Street Journal’, rubbished Trump’s claims. These officials said in clear words that their countries had no prior information or inkling of the impending military operation or attack that Trump was referring to. It is clear from the stance of the Gulf countries that Trump had fabricated this story in this environment of war either on his own will or to create pressure.
Iran sent 14-point secret proposal through Pakistan, America called it ‘nonsense’
Amidst this huge tension, Iran has resorted to backchannel diplomacy to stop the war. Iran has sent a 14-point new peace proposal to the US through neighboring Pakistan. According to Iranian state media, this secret proposal includes strong demands such as immediately ending the ongoing war in the entire Middle East including Lebanon, removing all US sanctions imposed on Iran, returning billions of dollars of Iranian assets seized abroad and the complete withdrawal of US troops from the entire region.
Not only this, Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Kazim Gharibabadi has also added the condition of immediately removing the naval blockade imposed by America and compensation for the huge losses suffered by Iran in the war so far. However, the White House has rejected Iran’s proposal by calling it ‘inadequate’. A senior US official told Axios that this proposal is similar to Iran’s old pattern, which President Trump has already termed as ‘nonsense’.
Gulf countries sandwiched between two superpowers, threat of blackout looms on the Strait of Hormuz
In this severe military crisis that has been going on for the last three months, the Gulf countries are feeling trapped between two big powers (America and Iran). Iran has strengthened its control over the world’s most important oil route ‘Strait of Hormuz’ and has started increasing pressure on US allies like Saudi Arabia and UAE through deadly drone attacks. In response, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have also taken some covert and indirect actions against military bases linked to Iran, infuriating Tehran.
At this time the eyes of the whole world are fixed on the Strait of Hormuz. Defense experts believe that even a small military skirmish on this sea route can destroy the global economy, as it will cause a sudden spike in crude oil prices in the international market. On the one hand, the Trump administration is pretending to negotiate, while on the other hand it is continuously issuing threats of bombing and destruction, which has increased the risk of sparking a firestorm in the entire Gulf region.
-
ETtech Explainer: How Swiggy’s failed bid to become an Indian firm matters for Instamart

-
Microsoft manager’s ‘bigger than any promotion’ moment: How 81-year-old dadi made him think about success differently

-
In 1994, Engineer Jaap Haartsen tried to end the nightmare of tangled wires at Ericsson: His secret wireless idea became the Bluetooth technology we use every day

-
What does ‘clock it’ mean? All about the viral trend used by Delhi Police to promote cyber safety

-
African Proverb of the Day: “Don't look into the eyes of your lover, or you will see what he has told many women before” — Life lessons on love, past behavior, intuition and why red flags in relationships don’t disappear
