Iran submitted a fresh 14-point peace proposal to the US on May 18 through mediator Pakistan, aiming to end the West Asia war. Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei confirmed Tehran’s response to Washington’s latest proposal was conveyed via Islamabad. A Pakistani source told Reuters the message was delivered through backchannels.
Iran on May 18 submitted its latest peace proposal to the United States to end the war in West Asia through mediator Pakistan.
Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei, during a press briefing on May 18, said that Tehran's response to the latest US proposal had been conveyed to the American side through mediator Pakistan, as reported by the Tasnim news agency.
A Pakistani source told news agency Reuters that the proposal contains 14 points and was conveyed to Washington through backchannels. “We don’t have much time,” the source added.
Earlier on May 17, US President Donald Trump appeared to issue a veiled warning amid escalating tensions in the Middle East by sharing an AI-generated image accompanied by the message, “It was the calm before the storm.” The post came amid reports that Trump was holding discussions with senior aides over the possibility of resuming air strikes on Iran.
-
Woman killed, husband and son injured in accident in Kamareddy

-
Gulf students face DASA admission uncertainty despite strong JEE Main scores

-
India’s edible oil imports rise 3 pc in FY26

-
Hyderabadi actress who gifted gold, cash to film crew after shoot

-
Harsh Gujral ‘Pauses’ Live Shows, Shares Note For Fans On Instagram
