Top News

Iran Sends 14-Point Proposal Via Pakistan To End War As Talks With US Continue
Sneha | May 18, 2026 9:11 PM CST

Iran has submitted a new 14-point proposal through Pakistan aimed at ending the war and rebuilding trust, according to Iranian media reports.

Tasnim news agency, citing a source close to the negotiating team, said Tehran’s proposal focuses on ending hostilities rather than extending a ceasefire.

The report comes as Pakistan Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi extended his Tehran visit for a third day amid efforts to facilitate talks.

Iran has responded to US proposal

Earlier, Iran said it has responded to a new US proposal aimed at ending the ongoing war, while confirming that negotiations are continuing despite reports in Iranian media calling Washington’s demands excessive.

Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baqaei said Iran had conveyed its concerns to the American side and that exchanges were continuing through a Pakistani mediator. However, he did not disclose further details about the proposal.

Removal of Sanctions, Release Assets

Baqaei defended Tehran’s key demands, including the release of Iranian assets frozen abroad and the removal of long-standing sanctions, saying these issues had been firmly pursued by the Iranian negotiating team in every round of talks.

He also justified Iran’s demand for war reparations from the US, describing the conflict as “illegal and baseless.”

Commenting on the possibility of renewed military escalation, Esmaeil Baqaei said Iran was “fully prepared for any eventuality.”


READ NEXT
Cancel OK