NTA Director General Abhishek Singh said the CBI would conduct a fair probe into the NEET-UG 2026 paper leak allegations and identify all those responsible, whether inside or outside the agency. He said strict action would be taken against the guilty. The Centre cancelled the May 3 examination after integrity concerns emerged, while fresh exam dates are expected to be announced within days.
New Delhi: National Testing Agency (NTA) Director General Abhishek Singh on Tuesday said the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will carry out a fair and comprehensive probe into the NEET-UG 2026 paper leak allegations, identifying all those involved, irrespective of whether they are inside or outside the agency.
Speaking to ANI over a Zoom call, Singh addressed concerns over possible internal involvement in the alleged leak and said strict action will be taken against anyone found guilty.
"Whether it is somebody from inside or somebody from outside, CBI will do a complete fair inquiry and will identify anyone, whoever it may be - whether inside or outside, that doesn't matter. Whosoever is guilty, whosoever has caused us to come to this situation will be identified, punished and sent to jail," he said.
Reiterating the agency's stance on the cancellation of the examination, the NTA DG said the decision was taken in the interest of students after it became clear that the integrity of the exam had been compromised.
-
Bowlers beware, Sooryavanshi's best yet to come, Justin Langer says

-
Bengaluru vs Germany: Techie says there's no silence, lifestyle changes more than he imagined; netizens say 'be happy'

-
IPL 2026: RR captain Riyan Parag urges IPL commentators to talk about cricket

-
'Impact on India less due to good management, foresight': Harsh Vardhan Shringla on global energy challenges due to West Asia crisis

-
Swipe right for AI skills, India Inc to job seekers
